Williamson Valley School District #2
Regular Board Meeting Minutes, May 8, 2023
The meeting was called to order at 4:33 PM by Johnny Kieckhefer Present were Johnny Kieckhefer – Board President, Lynda Kieckhefer-Board Clerk, Sammie Stuart-Board Member.
Governing Board Members reviewed the following: Minutes for the April 10, 2023, Regular Board Meeting. Expense Voucher #9111– 2022-2023 – $2,398.82. Timesheets for Pay Period 20 – $1,916.23 and Pay Period 21- $1,375.13 for 2022-2023. Lynda motioned to approve the above listed minutes and vouchers and payroll time sheets and Sammie seconded the motion. The above documents were unanimously approved with Johnny Kieckhefer voting Aye and Lynda Kieckhefer voting Aye and Sammie Stuart voting Aye.
Old Business – None
New Business –
- Current Bus Issues: The board discussed the situation with the out of district family requesting to ride the bus. The board will allow the children to ride for the rest of this year. Additional information will be obtained from PUSD regarding the situation.
- Sign Employee Contracts for FY 24: The board reviewed and signed the contracts for next year.
- Revised Budget for FY 23: The board reviewed and signed the revised budget.
- Truth in Taxation: The board reviewed the information sent by the state for the Truth in Taxation.
- Tuition Changes for FY 24 due to HB2124: After reviewing all the information and emails from CFO Brian Moore with PUSD and CFO Renee Raskin with the Yavapai County Education Service Agency. The tuition for the district students will still be due to PUSD for FY24. Due to the state legislature’s possible delay in approving a budget the board has sent a tentative date for the June board meeting for June 19th with an adoption date 10 days later of June 29th instead of the regular date of June 12th with an adoption date 10 days later of June 22nd. A notice will be posted at least a week prior to the June 12th meeting if this is the case. The board also chose to cancel the July board meeting. A motion was made by Sammie Stuart and seconded by Lynda to approve the date changes if necessary and to cancel the July board meeting. The above decisions were unanimously approved with Johnny Kieckhefer voting Aye and Lynda Kieckhefer voting Aye and Sammie Stuart voting Aye.
The next board meeting will be held on Monday, June 12, 2023, or possibly Monday, June 19, 2023, at the Williamson Valley Fire Station. The meeting was adjourned at 5:17PM
John W. Kieckhefer, President Lynda Kieckhefer, Clerk