The meeting was called to order at 4:04 PM by Johnny Kieckhefer. Present were Johnny Kieckhefer, Board President, Lynda Kieckhefer, Board Clerk. Sammie Stuart, Board Member.
Governing Board Members reviewed the following: Minutes for the September 13, 2021, Regular Board Meeting, Expense Voucher #8103 – 2021-2022 – $3,244.84. Timesheets for Pay Period 5 – $2,020.02 and Pay Period 6 – $1,904.46 for 2021-2022. Lynda motioned to approve the above listed minutes and voucher and payroll time sheets and Sammie seconded the motion. The above documents were unanimously approved with Lynda Kieckhefer voting Aye and Johnny Kieckhefer voting Aye and Sammie Stuart voting Aye.
- Current Bus Issues: Discussion regarding the BrightArrow notification system for parents. This system will cost $250.00 per year with unlimited notifications for 200 students or less. The board discussed this option. Sammie made a motion to accept BrightArrow and Lynda seconded the motion. The board unanimously approved this system with Johnny Kieckhefer voting Aye, Lynda Kieckhefer voting Aye and Sammie Stuart voting Aye.
- Lynda brought up a situation that occurred where parents were not present at the bus stop to pick up their young students. The bus driver called numerous times and there was no answer. She waited at the bus stop with the children until someone showed up. This was almost an hour later than usual.
- The board will have Laura Moore check into policy at PUSD and the board will determine a policy to send to the parents regarding a “no pick-up” situation.
- Annual Financial Report for 2021: The board reviewed. Lynda made a motion to accept the AFR, Sammie seconded it. Johnny Kieckhefer, Lynda Kieckhefer and Sammie Stuart all voted AYE and signed the final report for 2021.
- RSEBT meeting minutes from September 15, 2021: The board reviewed.
- FFMA meeting minutes from September 14, 2021: The board reviewed the minutes and the lapse of Walnut Grove Elementary School District #7. Sammie suggested part of the funds from Walnut Grove that are being deposited into the FFMA account may be used to fund additional classes to help with substitute training since there is a shortage of substitute teachers. Johnny said he would speak to Stan Goligoski, at YCESA, regarding this suggestion. A discussion also followed regarding the Lobbying Funds for Rosemary Agneessens.
- FFMA upcoming deposit: The board reviewed the $190,000.00 deposit from the Walnut Grove Elementary School District due to the lapse of the district.
Next Board Meeting
The next board meeting will be held on Monday, November 8, 2021 @ 4:00 p.m at the Williamson Valley Fire Station. The meeting was adjourned at 4:51 PM
John W. Kieckhefer, President
Lynda Kieckhefer, Clerk