The meeting was called to order at 4:04 PM by Johnny Kieckhefer. Present were, Johnny Kieckhefer, Board President, Lynda Kieckhefer, Board Clerk and Sammie Stuart, Board Member.
Governing Board Members reviewed the following: Minutes for the April 12, 2021 Regular Board Meeting, expense Voucher #9110 – 2020-2021 – $4,500.80. Payroll time sheets for Pay Period 20 – $1,664.58 and Pay Period 21 – $1,698.32 for 2020-2021. Lynda motioned to approve the above listed minutes and voucher and payroll time sheets and Sammie seconded the motion. The above documents were unanimously approved with Johnny Kieckhefer voting Aye Lynda Kieckhefer voting Aye and Sammie Stuart voting Aye.
- Current Bus Issues: The board decided to forgo the end of the year pizza party this year. Discussion also followed on the repair of the turbocharger for the bus. Canyon Bus will send a mechanic up from Phoenix to repair the bus as this is much less expensive than towing it down.
- Revised Budget for 2020-2021: The board reviewed and discussed the changes. The board called Laura Moore who will send an email to Renee Raskin asking for specifics regarding the changes to the budget and to include the board in her reply. Lynda made a motion to accept the revised budget. Sammie seconded the motion. The revised budget was unanimously approved with Johnny Kieckhefer voting Aye, Lynda Kieckhefer voting Aye and Sammie Stuart voting Aye.
- Yavapai County Attorney’s Office – Waiver of Conflict of Interest: The board reviewed and signed.
- Board Authorization for Time Slip Approval: The board reviewed and signed.
- Payroll Statement of Authorization: The board reviewed and signed.
- Employee Contracts for 2021-2022 and Summer School Contracts: The board discussed the summer school program. A decision was made to have Vaughn Smith-Rudolph drive our students if there is a minimum of 5 attending summer school. The days will be Monday thru Thursday from June 7 th to July 2, 2021. Sammie made a motion to accept the decision. Lynda seconded the motion. The decision was unanimously approved with Johnny Kieckhefer voting Aye, Lynda Kieckhefer voting Aye and Sammie Stuart voting Aye.
- FFMA Distribution: The board reviewed.
- Taylor Grazing Fee Distribution: The board reviewed.
- ASBA Submission of Proposed Issues for Consideration for the 2022 Political Agenda: The board reviewed, and no issues were proposed.
- FY22 Proposed Meeting for Budget Approval: The board reviewed Renee Raskin’s email regarding the delay in getting the budget from the state as the legislative session had not finished as of this date. The board will meet in regular session on June 14 th and for the board to discuss the proposed FY22 budget and will meet again on June 24th to adopt the budget.
Next Board Meeting
The next board regular meeting will be held on Monday, June 14, 2021 @ 4:00 PM, unless changed by the board, at the Williamson Valley Fire Station. The meeting was adjourned at 5:03 PM
John W. Kieckhefer, President
Lynda Kieckhefer, Clerk